It’s a Zuppa Time
Soup is best served with red wine, have you heard this saying before? Ok, probably not because we just came up with it. But it’s going to catch on because it’s simply the truth! One of the most popular soups that most of us have heard about is Italian Wedding Soup. How impressive to say you created a homemade version of this canned soup! Yes, we’re here to make you look good, so check out this easy recipe below that takes 5 minutes and serves 2.
The ripe red fruits in Maddalena Cabernet Sauvignon pair perfectly with this tasty zuppa. Flavors of spicy black cherry, raspberry and plum flavors come alive and this award-winning dry wine is a must try.
Maddalena wines represent the very essence of the woman’s touch in the kitchen and we hope you enjoy this delicious pairing.
½ lb. extra-lean ground beef 5 ¾ cups chicken broth
1 egg, lightly beaten ½ tsp. onion powder
1 cup small pasta (i.e. orzo), uncooked ½ tsp. dried basil
2 tbsp, dry bread crumbs Fresh parsley leaves for garnish
2 cups escarole, thinly sliced 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup carrots, sliced thin Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In medium bowl, combine beef, egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, basil and onion powder, shape into ¾ in. balls
- Boil broth in a large pan. Stir in escarole, pasta, carrots, and meatballs.
- Return to boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook at low heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh parsley leaves on top.
Maddalena Wines can be purchased at your local retailer or at San Antonio Winery. Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram and Twitter. We’d love to see your fan photos #MaddalenaWines