Shrimp Scampi Recipe
You are looking for a dish which is out of the ordinary. Even worse, you are fed up with always making the same pastas recipes. Keep smiling! There are always tempting solutions to renew your cooking. If you’ve never heard about Shrimp Scampi recipe. Here it is! Quick and simple. But de-li-cious. Enjoy it for a summer lunch or a pleasant dinner and let the tasty flavors melt into the atmosphere. Your guests will want to steal you the recipe!
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb. spaghetti pasta
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- 1/4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1 tsp.lemon zest
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, season to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, then drain.
- In a large pan melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, shallots, and red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and lemon zest and cook until just pink, 4-5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add wine and lemon juice to pan and bring to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Lower heat to a simmer.
- Add pasta and shrimp and toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices. Serve immediately.
Wine Pairing Suggestion – Accompany your meal with the award-winning Maddalena Muscat Canelli wine. The exotics flavors will completely seduce you.