Tomato Basil Crostini
A summer atmosphere with Tomato Basil Crostini recipe. We invite you to try out this new recipe to spruce up your appetizer. During a special event or a simple occasion, treat your guests like VIP’s as soon as the beginning of the evening. This dish will raise some eyebrows and impress your friends! We bet they don’t get to taste this delicious appetizer at their friend’s or family’s houses everyday! It will be you the queen or the king of the night.
- 32 slices French bread , 1/4 in. thick
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped, for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, season to taste
- Heat oven to 425℉ (218℃)
- Place bread on undressed cookie sheet. Lightly brush bread with oil. Blake 4 to 5 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Mix tomatoes, remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, the garlic, cheese, basil, green onions, and salt.
- Place about 1 tablespoon tomato mixture on each warm bread slice.
Wine Pairing Suggestion – The Maddalena Merlot wine is the one you should combine with this appetizer. It is the perfect balance between fruit and spice flavors.